In the quest towards redirecting and refocusing the vision of African women in respect to economy Development, Empowerment Generation and Wealth creation, the Pan African Young Women Development Initiative in collaboration with National Centre for Women Development, Abuja will organize a 2-day 1st African Women Colloquium on Development with the Theme “The Future We Want, Our common Vision”.
The event is scheduled for 27th - 28th November, 2018 at the National Centre for Women Development, Abuja, Nigeria. While participants at the events shall be African women drown from some selected countries of the continent of Africa to brainstorm extensively on the new waves of wealth creation that will end poverty in Africa.
Participants will be invited from the 36 state of the federation and the FCT with at least Five participants from each local council.
The following topics will be presented:
1. The Theme: The future we want, our common vision.
2. From global to local: supporting sustainable and resilient societies in urban and rural communities.
3. Eradicating poverty in all its forms and dimensions through promoting sustainable development in Africa.
4. One world for all: empowering people to build equal and inclusive societies.
5. Women empowerment and development a tool to achieving Development in Africa.
These and many more are outline for presentations by various speakers drown from academia, professionals and technical personnel within and outside Nigeria of which the former speaker of the Gambia National Assembly and former Deputy Speaker, ECOWAS Parliament, Rt. Hon. Mrs. Fatoumatta Jahumpa Ceesay-FJC has graciously accepted to be one of the guest speakers for the said programme.
In order to attain, local participants will pay a fee of 30,000 naira only while 70 dollars will be paid by international delegates and it will cover; conference materials, tea breaks and lunch; meanwhile exhibition is highly encourages amongst local and international participants and space/stands will be provided.